top of page

Grupo de intereses compartidos

Público·25 miembros

Buy Apartment In Dominican Republic

Whether you are thinking of investing in a condo primarily as an investment with the potential to generate passive income or you are looking for an apartment to keep for your own private use, this guide is designed to cover all aspects of acquiring a condominium unit from finding condos for sale in the Dominican Republic through to the details of the purchase process.

buy apartment in dominican republic

Prices range from approximately US 90,000 to $100,000 for an entry level condo hotel suite in a high end resort community in areas such as Bavaro and Samana up to US $1 to $2 million dollars for a high spec condo in a luxury apartment development in Santo Domingo or a top of the range penthouse apartment in Cap Cana.

To find investment opportunities from across the country from apartments for sale in Santo Domingo to the hottest new condos for sale in Punta Cana, explore condos for sale in the Dominican Republic on our website.

Hello everyone !I was hoping someone could help me with something i wish to know. Me and my husband (my husband is dominican/norwegian) was thinking about buying some properties/houses/apartments for the purpose of renting them out. I was wondering if this is a possible way of living , by living off the rentalmoney? I know that there is a big difference in where to buy and what you would get in rent, but say we have about 7084395 Dominican pesos to use on apartments/houses, how many would it be possible to buy? And would it be possible to get about 30000 Dop in rental money a month on the amount of houses/aparments we would rent out ? Hope someone can help !

Thank you for the reply. Just to clarify, this is not my finanical information, was just wondering, i know it may seem like a specific number, but i had to tranlate to dop from another currency. I was wondering, because in the country i come from, you cant even buy a small apartment for this price. You usually have to have double that, just for one 1-2 bedroom apartment/house, depending on the region. Was wondering because of the difference in living expenses, and because i have heard that it is possible, but want to find out as much as possible regarding the financial bit. To answer your question, some of both, depending on the number of apartments we will own. Most long time rentals. But i know, that it will most likely be more to earn on short time rentals, like holiday rentals and such, but then again, more work i suppose..

In my opinion is is better to rent in many parts of the country rather than buy and that is certainly the case in Santo Domingo where we have excess rental options and plenty of people still buying the new apartments going up in all the better areas as a long term investment.I think there is a rental market which can earn the 30k monthly but it should be aimed at a number of rooms/apartments to let rather than one property, and I believe the numbers I have mentioned will allow someone to develop a plan.I still believe it makes sense to rent in SD rather than buy, and my rent for a two bed apartment in a good quiet location just off the Malecon is slightly more than the maintenance costs for an apartment in one new blocks in the leafy suburbs north of Mirador Sur park or centre city. And for that I also get less traffic!

Hey Bob K, we were thinking about long time lease for the most part, targeting the locals. . We will be living and managing the properties by our self. But, we are also thinking about starting to buy and lease at least one or two houses/apartments before we make the big move. My husband has alot of family, and his mother and father in law, lives there permanently, so in terms of having someone to take care of the leasing and houses when we're not there, will hopefully not be a problem.Maybe one apartment for tourist leasing, but that will not happen before we move and take care of things our selves.

Laguna City will include 27 condominium buildings divided into 9 four-story groups with 513 studios and 1-bedroom apartments.Every resident of Laguna City will have access to a 26,000-m2 island where they can enjoy a lovely sanctuary surrounded by flowers and plants. Here you can walk along the shady alleys with many trees and benches, ride a bike, or jog. On the island's territory, there will be a kids' playground with safe and fun amenities. The observation deck and barbecue area will offer stunning water views. The café-bar will offer beverages, snacks, and barbecues. Numerous pedestrian bridges will connect the island's general territory with the residential area.

When one member asked if you can you survive in DR on $1,000 a month, an expat living in the Dominican Republic answered, If you live like a local you can do it. I like living like a local, but would still need another $500 - $1,000 for my sinful endeavors LOL. Seriously my fiance rents an apartment for 200 USD per month and it's a nice 2 bedroom place in San Isidro, Santo Domingo. But there's real money in the DR also. You can easily spend 5K per month. They have all the international corporations, Forever 21, Starbucks, Adidas, Nike, BMW, Mazarati, Honda etc. Santo Domingo can be very high end. But it all depends were you live and what your lifestyle is. You can had an apartment for as little as 40K or 200K depending were you want to be. Overall, I love the DR. And I love living like a local (maybe because I am social worker). The best meal I had last time was not at the Applebee's or Hard Rock Cafe that my Dominican friend dragged me to, but at a local stand on the side of the road with grilled chicken, some pigeon peas and rice with drinks. Me and my fiance spend about 7 usd for the meal.

These are just a few of the best places to live in DR. One member offered great advice about finding the right place to live in DR, I would just come initially, if possible, for a six month period every year, and then go back. I first came to a beach town but then found that for a single older intellectual woman, the capital was best. I took my time, found the pool, the library, the neighborhood I liked best, then the apartment, not the other way around.

I have 5 year tenure in Santo Domingo. I have never felt unsafe living in the big city. I have never been a victim of crime and am regularly out after dark stopping by the barbeque chicken stands that are all over the city. But life is not all rosy glasses. While staying with my girlfriend, her apartment building was robbed. I had another friend whose car was stolen. And from what I hear by the locals, don't wear flashy jewelary or you might get robbed (Grab and Run). I personally never had experienced these things but they do happen. I feel safer here than I do in many US cities for what that is worth. For the record, it's a beautiful country and you should both be fine, reported another member when asked about safety in DR.

I would not buy anything for at least two years, until you decide that you really like it and until you have seen the entire country. I live in a furnished rental. I would certainly say that this is the way for anyone to plan to come here first and stay for a year or so and see if they really like it. There are not a lot of expats and expats yet in the neighborhood but I predict that there will be. It is the older elegant but sort of run down section of town, but one can walk to everything. It is a lot like NYC. Much lower. My two bedroom apartment with balconies and maid's room is $600 a month. To buy apartments here cost around $150k, advised one member who moved to Santo Domingo.

One member in DR commented, Going green is not just a choice but also to SAVE green and better to ensure that we and our guests are not only comfortable but safe. I live in a nice area with almost 24/7 power for the last few years. The years before it was 1/2 the time. And I'm told that the power is again having problems. Our Edenote bill over the years has gone from US $100 per month to over $1,000 per month. The more we cut back on electric use, we got a new meter. The last one being a new and improved GRINGO smart meter that had us climbing again. (We have one neighbor that has never been below DP $75,000 even though no one is home for a month.) Diesel for our Generator tripled in price; we use 3 to 4 gallons per hour @ US $5.50 per gallon. Our first inverter/battery system was small and used as back-up during black-outs but could not handle the loads with 2 apartments rented. Recharging the batteries takes a lot of electricity and costs a lot of $$$. Plan ahead and IMHO an inverter system is your first consideration and even more so if you put in solar. Size the inverter and battery banks to meet your needs plus a little more. Look at the options. Get a known quality brand. Do your research.

When one member asked if you can you survive in DR on $1,000 a month, an expat living in the Dominican Republic answered, "If you live like a local you can do it. I like living like a local, but would still need another $500 - $1,000 for my sinful endeavors LOL. Seriously my fiance rents an apartment for 200 USD per month and it's a nice 2 bedroom place in San Isidro, Santo Domingo. But there's real money in the DR also. You can easily spend 5K per month. They have all the international corporations, Forever 21, Starbucks, Adidas, Nike, BMW, Mazarati, Honda etc. Santo Domingo can be very high end. But it all depends were you live and what your lifestyle is. You can had an apartment for as little as 40K or 200K depending were you want to be. Overall, I love the DR. And I love living like a local (maybe because I am social worker). The best meal I had last time was not at the Applebee's or Hard Rock Cafe that my Dominican friend dragged me to, but at a local stand on the side of the road with grilled chicken, some pigeon peas and rice with drinks. Me and my fiance spend about 7 usd for the meal."

These are just a few of the best places to live in DR. One expat offered great advice about finding the right place to live in DR, "I would just come initially, if possible, for a six month period every year, and then go back. I first came to a beach town but then found that for a single older intellectual woman, the capital was best. I took my time, found the pool, the library, the neighborhood I liked best, then the apartment, not the other way around." 041b061a72

Acerca de

¡Bienvenido al grupo! Podrás conectarte con otros miembros, ...
bottom of page